Tuesday 17 December 2013

Lyon – a city of light



It took a bit more time than I thought to write about my trip to Lyon, one of the oldest city in France.
The city was overcrowded with tourists… But that wouldn’t spoil the beauty of “La fete des lumieres”.




















The city was splendid by night! The best show was at la place Bellecour! It was so touching! The music, the fire… It was so spectacular!

I was lucky enough to visit this place during daytime with my friend. We had a ride on a circle and observed the whole city… which was full of morning sunlight…
 









Also we had time to visit Confluence and some shops (vacations without shopping, you must be kidding!). The last day of shopping was really successful! But most f all I enjoyed Les halles de Lyon (but about it I will write later).

Not only we spent time doing all that “touristic routine”, but also we had some time to “enjoy casual tings”, like Sunday lunch in “French way” (with a bit of glue for my shoes:)) or having a pint…



But of course the most unusual part was decorating flat for la fete. Something unusual and exciting! La fete des lumieres lasts 4 days, but the most important day is 8th of December. That day everybody decorates their windows by candles. It looks so cute!












So that’s all! ^_^ 
for now 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment